Sunday, July 16, 2006
Terrorism - A Republican Winner
I was 18 when 9/11 happened. I woke up - hung-over and pissed off because I had to go to work and had no weed to make my hangover go away - and watched the news for all of 5 minutes. 9/11 didn’t have an effect on me because I was young, and, quite frankly, didn’t give a shit. Five-ish years later and it still doesn’t have all that much power over me. I dare you to find any self-centered Midwest teen that really did care. I certainly didn’t know any.

The has published an article - the length of which rivals Stephen King’s It, seriously - that seems to really be about 3 separate things… all of which tells us something that we already know. National security is a winner for Republicans, everything else, not so much. Basically, 9/11 images make people like Republicans more.

All of this means one thing. We can all be assured that Republicans will be hyping everything terrorist related (Zarqawi, weird Florida gangsta/terrorists, anyone?) in the countdown to midterms. I won’t go as far as others and suggest that the Bush administration will actually commit terrorist acts in order to keep their party in power - that’s simply crazy -, but we all know that there will be a fresh spin on not so important news stories that focus on terrorism.

I don’t know about you, but I just.can’t.wait.


Tags:

|
Links to this post:
Create a Link