Monday, May 01, 2006
So... Who Exactly Reads Blogs?
WaPo has posted the , which gathered information about political blog readers on the big sites, like .

In an unscientific Web survey of 36,000 people, Blogads reported that political blog readers tend to be age 41 to 50, male (72 percent), and earn $60,000 to $90,000 per year. Two in five have college degrees, while just a tad less have graduate degrees.

"These are not people who are politically idealistic and born yesterday," said Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, who runs the popular liberal site DailyKos.


I find it amazing that some people have this weird view of blogs and blog readers. They see us as something that we aren’t.

To be honest, I’m slightly surprised by these results. I didn’t think that the majority age --especially 72 percent worth-- would be so high. Perhaps this blog is a bit different, but from all the information I have about my readers, my average age is 25-35, with only a slight plurality being male. *Shrug*

Tags:

|
Links to this post:
Create a Link