Monday, May 15, 2006
New Poll Shows "Mainstream America" Does NOT Like Spying
Let me start off by saying that I know I am left of the “mainstream”. I’m more liberal than most, and I am actually fine with that. I do not expect to be in the “mainstream”, because my personal beliefs do not change when others think differently. I know what I believe, why I believe it, and am quite sure of my beliefs.

With that said, if anyone watches the talking Republican spin machines on any of the 24/7 news channels, you’d think that “mainstream America” likes Bush spying on us, hates gays, hates abortion, and loves the Iraq “war”. I do not believe, for one minute, that this is an accurate portrayal of “mainstream America”. This is simply Republican games, trying to make people think that their beliefs are not what others believe.

A , which ran yesterday, shows that “mainstream America” does not, in fact, support Bush’s spying tactics.

I wonder if the Republicans will finally stop saying that “mainstream Americans” approve of this spying. Probably not, but at least we know that it’s just political spin.

Tags:

|
Links to this post:
Create a Link