Sunday, April 02, 2006
Jill Carroll Explains
Earlier, when I was discussing Carroll’s comments after she was released, I had said that it would take awhile to get the real story. Apparently, .

"During my last night in captivity, my captors forced me to participate in a propaganda video. They told me I would be released if I cooperated. I was living in a threatening environment, under their control, and wanted to go home alive. So I agreed," she said in a statement read by her editor in Boston.

"Things that I was forced to say while captive are now being taken by some as an accurate reflection of my personal views. They are not."


The hatred and antichristian/anti-American comments by the nutters got noticed in this article as well.

The remarks have drawn criticism from conservative bloggers and commentators, but the Monitor said "Carroll did what many hostage experts and past captives would have urged her to do: Give the men who held the power of life and death over her what they wanted."

I wonder how many of these people will be apologizing. My guess is none. It’s a usual tactic by those members of the Conservative blogosphere. They never admit when they are wrong, and they will totally ignore anything that shows their errors.

Really, I wonder what they are afraid of.

Tags:

|
Links to this post:
Create a Link