Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Feingold Takes A Stand
In my opinion, has emerged as the voice of reason in the Senate. I thought his move to censure Bush was quite ballsy and needed. I knew that it would not go through, but I never expected that Feingold would actually have the balls to call out the on their lack of backbone.

Democrats run and hide" when the administration invokes the war on terrorism, Feingold told reporters.

Feingold introduced censure legislation Monday in the Senate but not a single Democrat has embraced it. Several have said they want to see the results of a Senate Intelligence Committee investigation before supporting any punitive legislation.

And because of his statements, I’m left shitting my pants. I’ve been losing faith with Democrats lately, and I never expected a leader to emerge this quickly, and I especially didn’t expect it to be Feingold.

Republicans like to bring up the War On Terror, whenever there is any type of issue brought against the president. They act as though the entire country revolves around this war, but that isn’t the way it is. The War on Terror is just one aspect of many that this country is facing, and I’m not ready to give up any rights to help fight it. Republicans know that Terrorism is the word that will shut up any Democrat who is trying to get answers about any number of horrible Bush policies, and the Democrats fit their roll nicely, promptly shutting up like some 3 year old who has just been on the receiving end of a scolding.

I’m glad Feingold understands that the entire country should not sit back and focus their entire attention on Terrorism. There are other pressing and important things to be dealt with, and if they are not addressed, this country will sink into shit.

Russ Feingold’s presidential campaign slogan, Feingold: Bigger Balls Than Those Other Bitches

He’d have my vote.

Tags:
|
Links to this post:
Create a Link